Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Baaack!


That's right after a long absence... I'm baaaaack.

First off, here's why I left for so long. I was quite busy with work and life in general so this blog got pushed to the back burner and eventually forgotten about. To make matters worse the way Detroit ended their season did not give fans anything to be excited about. If you remember watching the end of last season, it was down right depressing. After Detroit's record long home win streak they went from having a shot at the President's trophy to 5th place in the Western Conference.

And then there were the Playoffs. Detroit vs. Nashville. This goal, the first goal of the Series pretty much sums up the entire series for me...



Paul Gaustad centre's the puck and it banks off of Brad Stuart's foot and in. That series was frustrating to watch. Detroit out shot and out played Nashville in all 5 games, but only mustered one win and was the first team eliminated from the playoffs. I will give credit to Pekka Rinne who was absolutely outstanding in this series, and then inexplicably played horrible against Phoenix losing that series.

Well the 2011-2012 season is now over and we sit anxiously awaiting to here how the Millionaire vs. Billionaire drama unfolds and the NHLPA and NHL Owner's duke it out in the board room drawing up the next CBA. Hopefully the return of Gordie Howe's Elbow will keep you occupied amidst all of the season uncertainty.

Cheers!

***

In other news I've switched my Twitter Handle from @GordieHoweElbow to @HowesElbow. Sadly I was one character away from getting @GordieHowesElbow... Damn max character limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment